Next Steps Institute
The Next Steps Institute (NSI) offers advanced leadership development training to teams and individuals dedicated to making lasting, systemic change in their science education system.
This three-day program features thematic pathways that take participants through a deep dive of one specific issue in the field of science education. This immersive learning environment allows participants the space and time to deeply engage with the most pressing issues in science education and develop new knowledge that they will be able to bring back to their team and their community.
Pathways are interspersed with Salon Sessions, which deliver quick 75-minute info bites about projects, results and strategies. We welcome participants to register for The Next Steps Institute as individuals, or as a 3-person team.
Previous pathway topics:
- Addressing New Standards through Curriculum and Professional Development
- Building STEM Infrastructure Across your State, District, or Region
- Crossing the “T” in STEM Classrooms
- Re-engineering the STEM Pipeline to Create a more Diverse Workforce
- Stretch Your Legs for Science! Engaging Youth in School (and Out) with Citizen Science
- The “Nuts & Bolts” of Instructional Materials Support
Previous presenters have included:
- Alabama Math, Science and Technology Initiative
- Baltimore City Schools
- BSCS Science Learning
- Foss Science
- The George Washington University
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- Next Gen Education, LLC
- Santa Fe Public Schools
- The Smithsonian Science Education Center
- South Carolina’s Coalition for Mathematics & Science
- TGR Foundation
Historical information about The 2018 Next Steps Institute in Colorado Springs, CO can be found at: www.thenextstepsinstitute.org
Become an NSI sponsor
The Next Steps Institute is possible only through the generous contributions of our sponsors. Sponsors at the $5,000 level or more are invited to display and exhibit their information at no additional cost. If you are interested in sponsoring the Next Steps Institute through a financial contribution or in-kind donations of products, space, or time, please email Katherine Blanchard at BlanchardKP@si.edu with details of your proposed sponsorship.