We're Looking for Interns in NM, NC, and Houston This Summer
The NSRC's Investing in Innovation (i3) initiative supports and promotes high quality, inquiry-based science education programs and helps establish infrastructures to sustain those programs for decades to come. This initiative studies the effects of the NSRC's LASER Model in grades 1-8 in three regions: North Carolina, Northern New Mexico, and Houston Independent School District.
Washington, DC-based interns will be based at NSRC's DC offices and may be asked to travel to one or more regional sites to assist with summer workshops.
For Regional Interns, the majority of work will be performed at a variety of venues including schools, and informal learning environments; much of the pre-workshop work may be performed at local offices or materials centers.
Regional interns will be expected to provide their own transportation to and from events in their region and to and from their work location.
- Washington, DC: (May-August) -- 10 weeks
- Houston, TX: (May-August) -- 10 weeks
- Santa Fe, NM: (May-August) -- 10 weeks
- Raleigh/Durham, NC: (May-July) -- 10 weeks
The following responsibilities are indicative of the work interns will perform:
- assist with planning and preparation for LASER i3 workshops and events
- attend and provide on-site support as needed at local events (this may include some weekends)
- assist with shipping, transportation, and organization of materials
- prepare materials for workshops, institutes, and events
- draft post-event summaries and reports
- promote LASER i3 through social media
- conduct online research to identify inquiry and science education articles
- draft emails other communications about logistics
- assist with development and management of photos and documents